There is a lot of hype about smoothies. I have been drinking smoothies for many years In this blog, I am going to discuss reasons why I make smoothies, questions people ask about smoothies, different types of smoothies and my favorite healthy smoothie recipes.
I have used smoothies for weight loss by drinking them for 30 days. I lost 12 lbs by doing this. I had more energy and stamina as well. It has been a big part of me being able to stay healthy over 50. My hair, skin and colon are healthy as well.
Creating easy healthy smoothie recipes is a great way to make positive life changes.
Why Smoothies Are Made
There are many reasons why I make smoothies. Here are just some of them:
- to lose weight
- healthy fast breakfast
- to gain weight
- quick pick-me-up during the day
- to add protein in the diet
- to add fiber to the diet
- Mask certain supplements-oils, greens,seeds
Questions People Ask
Are smoothies good for breakfast? Yes, most of the time they are. As long as added sugar and preservatives are kept out. If using a protein powder, then read the label. Most of them contain preservatives.
- Are smoothies good for you? Yes, the are many benefits to smoothies. Read above.
- Do smoothies take away fiber? Usually no, the whole fruit or vegetable contains natural fiber.
- What vegetables or greens are good for smoothies?
- Bok Choy
- Beet greens
- Super green powder (all sorts of brands. I make my own that I have used for over 25 years)I use herbs like Chlorella, Spirulina, Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Dulse, Kelp and Alfalfa.
- How do you make a good smoothie. Really it all comes down to taste and why you are making the smoothie. Healthy smoothie recipe for weight loss? Or an easy healthy smoothie recipe.
- What ingredients go into smoothies.
- milk: Whole milk, Almond, Hemp, Coconut, Rice
- Fruit-bananas, berries, raisins, dates, mango, pineapple (use your imagination)
- Seeds (optional) chia, sesame are a couple of good ones
- Vegetable greens like the ones listed above.
- Protein powder (optional)
Crystal’s Favorite Smoothies
Make 2 servings (or a little more :))
slice of pineapple
1 mango (peeled and cut up)
3-4 dates (I like medjool dates, just take the seed out)
Almond milk or coconut milk 8-12 ounces (or to desired consistency)
1 orange (just outside peeled with potato peeler)
4-6 frozen strawberries
Almond milk 4-6 oz
4 oz orange juice
Basic Green Smoothie
One large handful of living fresh raw green, either as single veggie or various mixed veggies (ex:baby spinach, kale, beet greens, broccoli, asparagus spears, cilantro, celery, etc.)
1 peeled orange
1 peeled banana
1 unpeeled but cored apple
1/2 zucchini or cucumber
2 large apples with peel
1-2 cups water
You can try adding flax seeds, sunflower seeds or even avocado if you need more energy.
So, there you have it. The sky is the limit and taste when it comes to smoothies. A healthy smoothie recipe is not hard to create especially when fresh produce is in season.
As an Iridologist, I was able to take pictures of my irises and compare them before and after the 30 days. It was amazing how much clearer the sclera (the whites of the eyes) were after the 30 day Liquid Diet.
Do you have an easy healthy smoothie recipe? If you have questions or comments, let me know! I would love to answers any questions you may have.
Good Health to You